Day #5: Can't Snap to Edge of Body in Fusion 360
The sketch does not snap to an existing 3D Body in Fusion 360.
- Cannot snap to the edge of the ice cube tray while creating the 'J-shaped' edge.
The setting ' Auto-Project Edges on Reference' used to be a Fusion 360 default. Turn the setting on in your preferences (see below) or manually project sketch geometry using the Project command (Sketch tab > Create Project / Include (folder) > Project).
Turning On Auto Project Edges on Reference
Open your Preferences dialog by selecting your Username (upper right-hand corner) > Preferences
- Select the Design tab of the dialog.
- Select Auto project edges on reference to turn it on
- Select Apply to activate the setting
- Select OK to close the dialog
Important: Auto Project Edges on Reference only works when you are viewing the sketch straight on. This will happen automatically if you have the "Auto Look At Sketch" preference turned on. Otherwise, select the "Look At" button in the Sketch Palette. This requirement prevents accidental projections while you are viewing the model at an angle.
Did this solve your issue?
Donating 1 or more coffees will help Kevin continue to make CAD education accessible.